Kate was moved this afternoon to a private room on the 5th floor of the hospital. It is a very nice room with plenty of space for all of us. The nurses have just come in to check the heart beats of each baby. Everyone sounded great!
The nurse, Denise, has just given us additional information on the situation. She said that the fluid will most likely continue to leak at different amounts over the next few weeks. Hopefully we can keep her here until 34 weeks. They will not keep the babies in there for more than 34 weeks. We are now thinking that we might have March babies and not February babies. That is great news!
Other exciting news......we have activities! Scrapbooking....mother's lactation lunches....movies....educational videos......Sunday church services....snacks..... and even a mini refrigerator in the room!
So... this is all great news! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, we are feeling them!
Jane (soon to be grandmother...but not too soon!)
13 comments:
o kate!!! you poor thing! mag is from the DEVIL! feels like your insides are BURNING up from the inside OUT! hated the stuff! praying for you!!! hang in there! thanks for the update, mom!
Hey, Kate! I saw Alicia and Denise in your picture -- tell them hello! Alicia was my nurse on the day I had the babies, and I had Denise a lot while I was there. You're going to love all the nurses on 5th North! I know the mag is really tough, but I swear you'll barely remember it soon enough. Please call if you need anything or would like a visitor. Keep up the great work!!
Tell Denise I said hello. She is really nice and I am glad that she is taking good care of you. Magnesium is really no fun. Although I cant say from personal experience, many many fans have been placed in the rooms of Mag patients. Miss you and see you at the hospital on Tuesday.
xoxo gray
Kate, hang in there! I have heard about that magnesium and I can only imagine how you felt.Glad your Mom is there with you, I know that makes her feel better.I've been trying to keep everyone informed at B.E.S. Everyone sends their love and all of our prayers are with you.
Hi, Kate.
I'm glad to hear the babies are doing well. I can't believe the doctors are going to hold out until 34 weeks. You are supermom already! Tell your family I said hello. And hang in there!I hope to see you soon.
That mag is NOT fun! I was on it for 2 weeks before my twins were born. Just keep the blogging coming so you can remember how you felt during this time -- because THIS TOO SHALL PASS! Hang in there and keep up the great work.
Kris
A fairly new follower. :)
MANY thoughts and prayers are with you!!! You are going to be such a sweet, great mom--and you already have been! I hope the next days and weeks go smoothly and that you are as comfortable as you can possibly be. You're in good hands!
Tons of prayers for you and the babies, Kate. And on a total superficial note...you look gorgeous! Seriously, it is unfair to be as cute as you while pregnant, esp. with QUADS!
Wishing you a safe delivery!
www.onlinepictureproof.com/dontblink
praying for you and the babies!! praying that leak is a very slow one and that your B/P stays down. james works at UAB so let me know if you need anything or if you want any visiters. we come up there to eat lunch with him a lot. carlyn_beth@yahoo.com
Hey Kate! I just found out about this blog last week and forgot to check it until this week. Oh well, better late than never. So glad to hear things are going well and that you have a good shot at making 34 weeks. I hate we live so far away and can't be of any help. Know that you are in our thoughts daily and we anxiously await news of the quads' safe arrival. Can't wait to meet the litter! Hang in there...
Normand & Suzanne
Oh....our hearts and prayers are with you!!!
Kate and crew,
Congratulations!! The babies are beautiful. I have so enjoyed looking through your blog (I hope you don't mind Susan McCarthy from Central shared). I have a ton of preemie clothes if and when you're ready. I look forward to meeting you and your family very soon. Please let me know what I can do to help. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Post a Comment