Friday, February 6, 2009

27 Weeks and 3 Days!


Yesterday we attended our 27 week appointment. When we got there I was so pleased to find only two other people in the waiting room. Thursdays are a much lighter load than our typical Tuesday time. I went to the counter to sign in and laughed when I saw that they had our article taped to the counter. They called me back right away and took my blood pressure and weight. My blood pressure is still holding strong and I have now gained 38 pounds. I’m only 17 pounds away from my goal weight and I don’t think I’ll have much trouble getting there. My usual doctor is working at the hospital this week and next, so we met with another doctor from the clinic. We had him earlier in the pregnancy also. After my checkup, he told us that nothing had changed. He said that we were doing great and on the right track to make it past 30 weeks. As always, he said that something could change at any time, but that at this point most quad mamas are in the hospital. So, they sent me home for another week on bedrest! I am really happy to still be here.

My mother-in-law, Liz, was so sweet to come up and stay with us from Monday to Thursday this week. She was a huge help to us. I can tell it puts Gray at ease to have someone here with me so he can concentrate on work and a million other things he’s juggling right now. By the time she left, the groceries were bought, the laundry was washed and the house was clean! She also went picked up lunch of my choice each day, which was a welcome change from the sandwiches and chips. Speaking of food, we have had so many friends helping us out by bringing dinner to us during the week. I want to thank Lauren, Donielle, Katie and Marshall, Aunt Anne and Uncle Charlie, Shannon, Katie, Liz, Mama and Grandmama for keeping us full of delicious food this week. We have never eaten so well! We really appreciate the time that you all took to do that for us.
Mama and Grandmama came in yesterday afternoon to visit. I haven’t seen Grandmama since Christmas and knew I wouldn’t be back in Brewton until the babies are born and well. It’s amazing to think that the next time we go back “home” Gray and I will be parents of four. It puts a smile on my face every time I think about how close we are to meeting our babies. Mama and Grandmama came over last night and fixed dinner for us, and they are going to spend the day with me today. I love the company!

I don’t think we could have gotten better news this week. I feel like we have another 5 weeks in us! Thank you for all of the prayers and keep them coming. Next week, the babies will be measured again and we’ll see how big they are.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Wonderful news again, I am so proud of you! Loved seeing all of the pictures. Especially the picture with Mama (Sugar), what a good picture of her! I will have to get a copy of that one! Wish I was up there with all of you. How did they get off without me? Keep up the good work Kate. Thanks Liz for taking such good care of Kate and Gray last week. We all felt better knowing that you were there helping them out!

Deb said...

I'm not sure how I got here - probably through Suz's blog? But I just read the entire thing. You are adorable =) Keep cookin' those babies, stay rested and - as hard as it is (I was on bed rest for a while and I only had one and it drove me crazy - I can't imagine having four in there!) try to enjoy this time. It's amazing how much you'll wish someone would order you to bed after those babies come. You'll look back on these days of boredom as heaven. Ha!

You're doing great and I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way...=)

Anonymous said...

You look FANTASTIC! This is great news. Aunt Anne shared your good report at church the other night. I also think Baxter is living the great dog life recuperating at home while chillin' on morphine or some other "make you laid back drug". Keep taking good care of yourself!

Shari said...

oh my you are so close now!! i am reading your blog a couple times a week, but asking your mom how you are doing everyday at work (when she is not there with you that is). you are looking great and it sounds like you are doing what you are supposed to to prevent an early birth. keep resting!! you will need it!!