This morning we were given the great news that Rainer was being moved to the CCN (continuing care nursery) with his brother and sisters. They are now all in one little corner of the nursery, together once again! It was a wonderful thing to see and we were so happy that Rainer made the move very quickly. He is still on a little oxygen support and is under a Bili-Lite. He also has a light beneath him which he lies his tummy on. All of the babies' feedings have been increased except for Jane, who still needs to gain a little weight first, before she moves up. We got to spend a lot of time with them today. I can't believe how different they look every time we go to visit them. I can tell that they are going to be growing and changing rapidly. We know that they are getting everything that they need while in the nursery and that they still need much more time to gain weight and mature, but it is only getting tougher for us to leave them every time we visit.
Thank you so much for asking how Gray and I have been doing. I had a very good day today and was able to get up on my own and walk around more than I have been able to in the past days. I made the mistake yesterday of skipping pain pills and it all hit me in the late afternoon. I didn't anticipate how tough getting over the surgery would be. Today, I stayed on the schedule that I had been on and noticed a huge difference. The doctors are allowing us to stay for an extra evening just to make sure that we are comfortable with my condition before heading home. We will be checking out of the hospital in the morning after breakfast. I am looking forward to getting back to the comforts of home and being outside the walls of my room. Gray is doing well and has been taking care of me non-stop. I couldn't have made it through everything without him. I am excited about being back at home with him as I work my way back to my normal self. It has been a long time since we have had a normal weekend and I can't wait to be able to run errands with him or go out to eat. We wish the babies were home with us, but at least we'll have an opportunity to enjoy each other and prepare for their homecoming.
12 comments:
Kate, My name is Shannon Banta and I am Julie Mizerany's sister-in-law. I just came across your blog last night and was drawn to read from the beginning of your pregnancy! How excited you two must be to have your babies here safely. What a relief to know that everything went well and they are all four doing great! I loved seeing all the pictures of the babies, they are precious! What a beautiful gift God has given you and your husband! Enjoy every minute of it because it flys by so quickly!
Kate and Gray -- I love the photos and your commentaries. My favorite photos have to be the ones of Jane wearing her Daddy's wedding band! What a treasure! Your Central friends are passing along stories of you and your new family to students and parents who want to hear all about how you are. We love you and look forward to what lies ahead. Enjoy your weekend back at home. What a blessing to come home knowing your babies are in good hands while you rest!
You look great Kate! I am so happy that all of the kiddos are together in the CCN. They are doing so wonderful!
Kate, Well done. Babies are all beautiful and so healthy looking. We are all blessed. Hoping to come up and hold and squeeze all those cheeks in April. Can't wait to meet them. Glad you are doing so well. Loved seeing the pics of Jane and Alex - they look like they are in heaven with those babes. Just hold those bundles of joy close to your heart and they will thrive beyond your wildest dreams. With love, The Nightingales
Hi Kate!
I've been asking anyone I know here in Asheville to keep praying for all six of you. I have loved reading your blog through all of this, and I am just amazed at how good God has been and continues to be. :) I will pray that you keep seeing more and more improvements! I love you!
The babies all look great! I have been praying for them and will continue to pray that they are strong enough to come home soon.
The babies all look great! I have been praying for them and will continue to pray that they are strong enough to come home soon.
This is the fourth time I've attepted to post in the last three days. I hope it works! Your babies are so precious. Marshall and I will be in town tomorrow. I can't wait to see all of you!
Kate & Gray_ This comes to you from Concord, N.C. & the Kirby Houshold where I have been the month of February!!! What wonderful memories I will have to share with you!! We all (Chris, Claire, John, and me (Aunt Maureen) are so very Happy for you & Gray and I cannot wait to talk with you and see you and see all the babies!! Love the names!! They look so wonderful!!! Thank you and Gray for posting this Blog_ it has been so rewarding to read all along your progress and growth of the babies! Take care & sending with much love your way!!
Oh my gosh, the picture of the sisters together made me cry!! How special to see them together. I am so glad to hear that Rainer is doing better and all of the babies are together in the CCN. Your babies are absolutely beautiful...and such miracles. I hope you and Gray have a good day tomorrow getting settled at home. Thanks for being so good about posting pictures and keeping us updated.
love the sisters' pictures!! can't wait to see all four of them together. man i did that same skipping pain med thing a few times myself. that pain will definitately catch up with you. it is better to just slowly space them out and not ever skip a dose. wean you self off of the narcotics first but keep taking the Motrin(or high dose ibuprofen) on the same schedule. then you can start speading those out. this is advice from a nurse who as been through 2 csections.
Post a Comment