Yesterday at our appointment the babies were measured and we got their approximate weights. I’m not assigning names to the babies anymore, because they have told us that they really have no idea in what order they will be born.
Baby A - 2 lbs. 11 oz.
Baby B – 1 lb. 14 oz.
Baby C – 2 lbs. 7 oz.
Baby D – 3 lbs. 8 oz.
As you can see, there is a big differentiation between the largest baby and the smallest. The doctors are a little concerned about Baby B’s weight because of that difference. They are reassured that she is still growing (she gained 10 oz. in three weeks), but they want to start monitoring the babies more closely through ultrasound each week. They will start doing heart tones, fluids, measurements, etc. every week at our appointments at the clinic. Baby B is currently in the 13th percentile which is still considered normal, but if she dips below 10% they may have to give me more steroids or admit me into the hospital in order to monitor her consistently and catch any problems with her that could lead us to an early birth. That is the worst that could happen. I feel like we will continue to see her grow and that she will be okay, just smaller than the rest. The doctor said that it was encouraging that all four babies had their own sacks and that it looked as if they all had their own placentas as well. Please say prayers for little Baby B.
Liz and I have had a great week together! Gray took this picture of us last night after our appointment. I have so enjoyed her company and she has once again kept me happy and our house in order. I don’t know what we would do without her. She is leaving today and Kirk and Gray, my brother and sister-in-law, are getting here this afternoon for the weekend. Also, my brother and one of my best friends Carrie (also his girlfriend) are coming to visit on Saturday afternoon. I’m looking forward to seeing all of my family and hearing news from the outside world.
The boys are going to start working on clearing out the office and bringing over our baby gear this weekend, in preparation for the nursery. I’m so excited!!! I can’t wait to see the babies’ little cribs in our house and start getting their things organized. I won’t actually get to help much, but my Mama and Aunt are coming next week and they will be great at it. Gray and I could not be doing this without all of the help we have been receiving from our friends and family. Thanks so much to all of you! Knowing you are there has helped us concentrate on getting these babies here safely and made this a joyful time, rather than a stressful situation. I love you all. We’re at 28 weeks and 3 Days!
Also, I wanted to tell you that we have officially received all of the sick days we need for the school year! Thank you for your donations. I am overwhelmed by your generosity, and so proud that I have been able to be part of a group of such compassionate individuals.
Baby A - 2 lbs. 11 oz.
Baby B – 1 lb. 14 oz.
Baby C – 2 lbs. 7 oz.
Baby D – 3 lbs. 8 oz.
As you can see, there is a big differentiation between the largest baby and the smallest. The doctors are a little concerned about Baby B’s weight because of that difference. They are reassured that she is still growing (she gained 10 oz. in three weeks), but they want to start monitoring the babies more closely through ultrasound each week. They will start doing heart tones, fluids, measurements, etc. every week at our appointments at the clinic. Baby B is currently in the 13th percentile which is still considered normal, but if she dips below 10% they may have to give me more steroids or admit me into the hospital in order to monitor her consistently and catch any problems with her that could lead us to an early birth. That is the worst that could happen. I feel like we will continue to see her grow and that she will be okay, just smaller than the rest. The doctor said that it was encouraging that all four babies had their own sacks and that it looked as if they all had their own placentas as well. Please say prayers for little Baby B.
Liz and I have had a great week together! Gray took this picture of us last night after our appointment. I have so enjoyed her company and she has once again kept me happy and our house in order. I don’t know what we would do without her. She is leaving today and Kirk and Gray, my brother and sister-in-law, are getting here this afternoon for the weekend. Also, my brother and one of my best friends Carrie (also his girlfriend) are coming to visit on Saturday afternoon. I’m looking forward to seeing all of my family and hearing news from the outside world.
The boys are going to start working on clearing out the office and bringing over our baby gear this weekend, in preparation for the nursery. I’m so excited!!! I can’t wait to see the babies’ little cribs in our house and start getting their things organized. I won’t actually get to help much, but my Mama and Aunt are coming next week and they will be great at it. Gray and I could not be doing this without all of the help we have been receiving from our friends and family. Thanks so much to all of you! Knowing you are there has helped us concentrate on getting these babies here safely and made this a joyful time, rather than a stressful situation. I love you all. We’re at 28 weeks and 3 Days!
Also, I wanted to tell you that we have officially received all of the sick days we need for the school year! Thank you for your donations. I am overwhelmed by your generosity, and so proud that I have been able to be part of a group of such compassionate individuals.
7 comments:
Another great report Kate! Our little baby B is just taking her time. Aunt Anne will have to teach her all of the wonderful things about CANDY when she gets here and mini powdered donuts. We will fatten her up! So glad you will have lots of company this weekend, that should be fun. Have a great Valentines Day!
Kate, this is a very good report.Baby B is going to be just fine!She's just gonna be a petite beautiful little girl! Just continue to take care of yourself and stay positive. Everyone at B.E.S. is rooting you on to at least 32 weeks! We've got it circled on our calendars and we are counting it down with you. We are all keeping you and the babies in our prayers.Keep up the good work!Happy Valentine's Day!
I will keep Baby B (and all of the other little ones) in my thoughts and prayers. You are doing such a great job helping these babies grow! I'm so glad you have amazing friends and family to help you. I know they all love helping you get ready for the babies! Hope you have a fun weekend with Gray and Kirk!
Hi Kate. I just wanted to send you a note of encouragement. The last measurements we got of our twins (just a few days before they were born), they measured approximately 4 lbs. each. At birth they were 5 lbs, 11 oz. and 6 lbs, 14 oz. So, don't put too much stock in those measurements - you're doing great!
Great update, kate. So glad to hear everybody is doing well. Please tell Carrie "HI" for me. and give her a big hug!
Hey Kate,
I love reading your new updates on how you and your babies are doing. You have done such a good job so far, and I'm sure you are going to make it to your goal. Please know I'm thinking about you! I can't wait to come to Birmingham with Gray to see you and babysit your little ones.
Love, Jody
Ryan told me about your blog. I'm glad to see you and the babies got a good report. You are doing such a good job taking it easy and just letting these babies grow. It looks like yall have some wonderful family and friends to help out. Hang in there, you're doing great!!!
Post a Comment