Friday, March 27, 2009
Almost Home!
This week has flown by! On Wednesday when I went in to visit the babies the doctor informed me that Broox was on day three of his five day count down. This means that he had not had any heart rate drops in three days. Before a baby can be discharged from the nursery, they have to be in a crib, be feeding by bottles, be holding their temperature and go five straight days without having a drop. If they do have a "Brady", the five day countdown starts all over again. Today is Broox's fifth day!! If he makes it through today and tonight without any, he can come home with us tomorrow after we take the discharge class. He is doing really well and I feel like we will definitely be bringing him home tomorrow. Our discharge class is a three hour course provided to give us more training with preemies, answer any questions and to teach us infant CPR.
The only drawback of Broox coming home is that the other three will remain in the nursery. This will certainly make visiting at the hospital a little more difficult. On top of that, we have sold our house and bought a new one. We are so excited about moving into the new house and absolutely love it. It has so much more room for our large family. We have three weeks to pack this house up and set up a new one. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is the cutest picture I have ever seen! Finally we get to dress them up! Congrats on the good news about Broox coming home AND your new house. I think the next few weeks just might be very exciting! Maybe a little crazy too, but so much fun!
I can't wait to hear if Broox made it home this weekend!!! Congrats on selling your house and buying a new one. I know you are going to have your hands full during the next few weeks but I know you will love having one of the babies at home with you. So exciting!!
fI am so excited about Broox coming home. I am sure the other babies are not far behind.
How exciting to be moving to a new home. I can't wait to visit. Hope to see you and your new family soon.
Susan
Oh my goodness! Moving in the midst of the chaotic happiness. Prayers will continue to be with you guys! You have great strength
Post a Comment