On Saturday afternoon Broox Garrett got to come home! We had a discharge class that morning at 11:00 and took our car seat just in case. We still weren't sure if he would be able to be released or not. During our break, we ran down to the nursery to check on his progress and our nurse, Ann, told us that he would be discharged that afternoon. I was beyond excited. This is a picture of our car seat waiting to be used for the first time. Here is Broox without any cords, as his hospital bracelet is being snipped off. It was a wonderful sight to see him free of everything.
We put Broox in the same going home outfit that my brothers and I wore when we were born. It was a tad too big for him but I still think he looks handsome in it.
Here are Ann, Broox, and me about to board the elevators.
Leaving the hospital. This was Broox's first moment ever outside.
Daddy (Pal) and Gray fitting Broox into his car seat. Broox never noticed a thing.
Ready to go!
And we're off.
Broox at his new home, but not for long before he gets a new one.
As we got him ready for bed, he checked out his new digs.
He is tiny in his crib. He was out like a light in just a few minutes. He is such a sweet baby and our first two nights with him have gone great. We're holding our breath that he continues to be so easy. I can't tell you how good it feels to have him home, but it makes me miss Jane, Virginia and Rainer even more. I visited them today and they are great! They are all gaining weight and very alert. I will put up new pictures of them next time.
yay broox!! congradulations. i know it feels great to finally bring a baby home!! the rest will be home soon enough. he looks great. his face has really filled out.
I can't even imagine the joy you must be feeling to have one of your little bundles of love home. Praying that Jane, Virginia and Rainer are able to join him super soon!
Congrats!!!! I know you must be loving on Broox every minute :) I hope he continues to be an easy baby and I can't wait to see pictures of the other babies in that special coming home gown!
11 comments:
I am so very proud for you....can't wait to watch as the other angels come home too!
Congratulations Mom and Dad! One home, three to go! Welcome home Baby Broox!
(peeking in from Eufaula, B. Jones)
yay broox!! congradulations. i know it feels great to finally bring a baby home!! the rest will be home soon enough. he looks great. his face has really filled out.
Congrats on getting one home! He looks so lonely there! Can't wait until he is reunited with is siblings!
Way to go, Broox!
Kate,
I can't even imagine the joy you must be feeling to have one of your little bundles of love home. Praying that Jane, Virginia and Rainer are able to join him super soon!
welcome home big guy.......you look pretty lonely all alone in that crib. soon you will have your sibs home and all will be grand.
How exciting! I almost cried! I'm sure it won't be long for the others are joining him. Congratulations!!
Congratulations on getting Broox home--blessings and prayers for his siblings!!Maureen was so excited telling us about the homecoming on Sunday!
congratulations kate and gray!! :) yay for broox! that is great...i am so happy for ya'll. love you!
-carrie
Congrats!!!! I know you must be loving on Broox every minute :) I hope he continues to be an easy baby and I can't wait to see pictures of the other babies in that special coming home gown!
Congratulations Kate & Gray!
Post a Comment