It's been a good week. I've been trying to figure out the babies' napping schedule. The girls are great nappers, but the boys just aren't that interested. Then, by four o'clock they are very fussy until they get their bottle at six and hit the hay. The babies are now sleeping at night, however, so that is the most important thing to us. They are almost six months old and it is such a fun age! They are really starting to reach out for the things that they want and are great at grasping rings and shaking rattles. They are constantly moving their bodies and everyone is flipping over now except for Broox, but he is very close. He is trying hard and keeps lifting his body to the half way point, but can't quite make it over. Because he uses the one arm over and over, he just ends up turning his body in circles on the mat. He gives it a good shot before he lets me know that he is done! I'm sure it will be any day now. The babies were introduced to the exersaucer this week and the boys give it a big thumbs up. I think Jane and Virginia are still a little too small. They seemed kind of nervous and couldn't steady their bodies that well. I'm excited for them to have a new toy. I feel like they must be getting somewhat tired of the dangling toys and are ready for a new challenge. All of the babies are eating rice cereal at night now too. Broox is our best eater. He loves it and fusses if you can't get it into his mouth as quickly as he would like you to. Virginia is also turning into a good little eater as well. She sees the spoon coming, opens up her mouth and sticks her tongue out. It's very cute. Not much of the food stays in her mouth, but we're getting there. Rainer and Jane are progressing, but still haven't quite caught on to opening their mouth for the spoon. I'm even beginning to notice the babies notice each other for the first time. Every now and again one will see the other and start babbling and smiling to get their attention. This morning Broox and Rainer were making eye contact and smiling at each other. It was so sweet. I can already tell that this will be one of my favorite parts of having multiples. I am having the best time watching what they do from day to day. I can't imagine the changes we'll see in the coming month!
Today I took some pictures of the babies during their bath time.
Broox
9 comments:
Aw I love this post! 6 months really is an amazing age because they start learning new tricks and checking out EVERYTHING around them. Your babies are just gorgeous!! Glad to hear you are getting sleep at night. Rose is almost there...sleeps all the way through the night a few times a week.
Those babies are gorgeous...every single one of them! I am so glad you are getting some sleep now because that makes all the difference in the world. Keep up the good work. I always love to see your updates!
Soo Cute! Thank you for the updates!! It is amazing all the changes you are seeing! I can't wait to see you and the four soon! I hope you are getting tons more sleep now that they are making it through the night! You really are supermom! I love you!
Love the bath time pics! They are getting bigger and bigger every day! I can't wait to get "a holt" to them in Brewton in a few weeks. Miss you all!
It is absolutely amazing to see the babies grown so much!
I can say, in my experience, boy children aren't interesting any anything associated with naps except fighting sleep!
You do a great job, Love the pics
They are so incredibly sweet!!
Kate,
I had so much fun seeing you and the all of your precious babies last weekend! You are truly Super Mom! Thanks so much for letting me come by. :) -Jody
How exciting!! They are growing so much Kate and are absolutely adorable. I can't wait to meet them in person soon!
Hey Mrs.Garrett! I'm not allowed to say my name on here but I'm from you're fifth grade class and my name starts with an H. How are you doing? Me, Megan, and Allie have all made blog's. Here's mine:
http://cinderclan-brightstar.blogspot.com/
and
http://clubpenguinstuffpinkyartsy55.blogspot.com/
The top one is about the warriors series, and the bottom one is about Club Penguin.Here's Megan's:
http://fernclan.blogspot.com/
Her's is also about the warriors series, and so is Allie's.
http://www.moonclan-hawkstar.blogspot.com/
I hope you enjoy all the blog's and I miss you SOOOOO much!
-Brightstar
Post a Comment