Sunday, August 23, 2009

6 Months Old Today!


Rainer, Virginia, Jane, and Broox

The quads are six months old today! This is a picture we took on Friday and I was thrilled to get one with all eyes open, no crying and two smiling. That can be quite a challenge with four babies. They are wearing their cute new outfits that Annie brought them from New York. We are now in Brewton for the week awaiting my best friends wedding on Saturday. It's much easier to pack the babies up for a week than for a weekend. No matter how long you are staying, you have to take the same things, so you might as well make it worth your while. Of course, I love being here with all of my family, and so do the babies.

I've been looking back at some of the first pictures we ever took of Rainer, Virginia, Jane and Broox and the difference in their size and looks in just six months is unbelievable. I remember thinking that the clothes they are wearing now probably wouldn't fit them until they were crawling or walking! Broox is now 17 pounds, Rainer is 15 and the girls are both right around 12. I'm really starting to notice my achy back and sore shoulders at the end of each day. I don't know what I'll do when they get much bigger! At every stage we have to adjust and learn new ways to do things. It seems like the minute we get used to the way things are, they are doing something new, or there is a new tooth (Rainer has gotten the first one!), or someone doesn't want to sit in their bouncy seat anymore. I'm sure this is the way it is for all new parents and it's what makes this first year so full of excitement, and anticipation.The sad part of having quadruplets is that they are the only babies that we'll ever have, so when they grow up, it's all over. It is passing in a flash. Through all of the hustle and bustle, I'm trying to take the time to stop and enjoy all of these moments, even the sometimes difficult ones.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm all moved in now and I have to see the little ones!

Anne said...

Happy 6 month birthday to Broox, Jane, Rainer and Virginia!