Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had our weekly checkup on Tuesday and all of the babies are doing well. They took their measurements and they are all weighing in right at a pound. That is the average weight for a single baby at 22 weeks so we were thrilled. I am still doing limited bedrest and haven’t experienced any problems yet. Every now and then, during the day, I have a painless tightening in my stomach now. The doctor has assured me that this is normal and to expect it. As long as they are pain free and happening sporadically, she said that they are nothing to worry about. She told me that if I ever have contractions along with cramping three times or more in an hour to come in to the office. I am definitely noticing my body needing more rest over the past couple of weeks. I spend more time in the bed or lying on the sofa now because of being tired and persistent back aches. Some days I feel better than others. I think it also has to do with how well I slept the night before.


Yesterday was a great day! Gray was able to come home a little early from work. It was his 35th birthday and also New Year’s Eve. We had plans to eat an early dinner at a nice restaurant here in town with two of our good friends Christin and Trenton. We had their four course New Year’s Eve dinner and I think I ate every bite. It was delicious! It really felt good to dress up and go out, even if it was just for a little while. The waiter even made a sparkling juice concoction for me so that I could join in on the festivities. Gray and I were able to stay up long enough to see the ball drop on t.v. in New York, but then I was out. I’m kicking myself that we didn’t take a picture. It will be a New Year’s Eve that I will always remember.


This morning I woke up excited. I keep thinking about how this is the year that our lives will change forever and in the best way imaginable. This is the year of our children’s birth! These were some quotes that seemed fitting today…


Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body.- Elizabeth Stone


Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life. – Maureen Hawkins

2 comments:

Me said...

Hi - I found your blog through Steece's Pieces, which I found through a friend's blog some time back.

My sister had quadruplets almost 4 years ago now, so I love checking out quad pages!

But as an added point of interest, I'm 22 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and it looks like we're just a couple of days apart on our week counts! I couldn't believe the difference in your 21 week picture and mine! (I should be used to it, but it's easy to forget!)

Anyway, I plan to keep up with your blog and continue to compare bellies with you! :) I will also keep you in my prayers - carrying 4 babies at once is no easy task!

Laurel said...

Hey Kate! I'm Collin's girlfriend Laurel and have been keeping up with your blog after Candy emailed me the link a while back!
I just got caught up reading it and LOVE the names...can't wait to keep following along with the progress...take care!