Tuesday, January 6, 2009

23 Weeks!

Yesterday was our weekly appointment. We still got great reports for the babies and for me. The doctor told me to continue with the same restrictions. She also said that the babies’ growth looked terrific so far and to keep gaining weight at the same rate. The clinic is setting up a meeting and tour with the director of the NICU at UAB sometime soon. I’m looking forward to getting a look at everything and hearing about the process that takes place as soon as the babies arrive. They say that it’s important to prepare for where they will be and understand what will be happening to them, so you won’t be so shocked by all of the wires, tubes, and monitors that they will be hooked up to. We also got to see the babies again via ultrasound. The babies have sort of shifted so that Broox takes up my lower and lower left abdomen, Jane and Virginia are curled up tightly together on my right and Rainer is ruling the roost across the top of my abdomen. I feel him kicking a lot and I think it is because he has so much room. All of the babies are active and I can now see their movements by simply looking down at my stomach. I’ve heard that by the end you feel like there is an octopus in your stomach.

Gray will be out of town for a couple of nights for a business/hunting trip. Luckily for me, my sister-in-law is coming to visit me for the rest of the week. I’m looking forward to visiting with her and having company during the day. I’m hoping she can help me add some cute touches to the house. We are trying to sell our house and people are coming over Sunday afternoon to check it out. Hopefully, someone will be interested.

5 comments:

robert said...

I believe that would be TWO octopi

Anne said...

Hey Kate! Great news again! You are doing such a good job growing those babies. The trip to UAB to see everything sounds so interesting. Have fun with "Girl" Gray this week and good luck on the Open House Sunday. Don't worry, if it sells we will have everyone there we have ever known to help you move and get things ready for the arrival of the Big Four! Keep up the good work!
Love you! Aunt Anne

Jenn said...

I just read you blog, through a blog, through a blog (and so on and so on). It sounds like you are doing a great job incubating your little babes, and this year is going to be a blast! I just had a baby (only one) in June and it has been the best time of my life. I can't wait to read what will happen next with your family! Jenn - in Colorado

Chris and Emily said...

Kate, It is so good to keep up with you via a blog. I hope you are truly doing well. Your Garrett's Parrots miss you so much. Everything is going well at school. We truly need to catch up soon. I would love to bring you dinner one night!!!! Talk to you very soon!
Emily Self

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hope all is fine and that you and Gray Lyon are having a great time,tell all of my grandbabies "Hi" for me! Love You, Mama