The home rest ordered by my doctors in November forced me to leave my teaching job for the rest of the school year. Since I was only a third year teacher, I had accumulated only enough sick leave days to cover a couple of weeks. I would have been left without insurance and without a salary when those days ran out. It was likely that the babies and I would be hospitalized for weeks or even months without insurance coverage or my salary to cover huge medical costs (hundreds of thousands of dollars), but, thanks to dozens of Christmas angels, that catastrophe has been avoided.
The Christmas angels that I am speaking of are my fellow teachers across the state of Alabama who responded to my families’ requests for donations of their own precious sick leave days. These angels have already donated 69 sick leave days. I only need about 25 more days to cover the school year and fulfill my employment contract for the year. These gifts are cause for great relief and celebration for me and my family during this holiday of giving and for the rest of our lives. I can’t adequately express how grateful we are. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I wish that the school board was able to release the names of the angels, so that I could thank them all personally. I understand that some wish to remain anonymous. I hope that those of you who feel comfortable with doing so will join us on the blog, send me a note or email, and identify yourselves as the angels that you are.
The Christmas angels that I am speaking of are my fellow teachers across the state of Alabama who responded to my families’ requests for donations of their own precious sick leave days. These angels have already donated 69 sick leave days. I only need about 25 more days to cover the school year and fulfill my employment contract for the year. These gifts are cause for great relief and celebration for me and my family during this holiday of giving and for the rest of our lives. I can’t adequately express how grateful we are. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
I wish that the school board was able to release the names of the angels, so that I could thank them all personally. I understand that some wish to remain anonymous. I hope that those of you who feel comfortable with doing so will join us on the blog, send me a note or email, and identify yourselves as the angels that you are.
4 comments:
Cute picture Kate! So glad so many of our kind friends in Brewton, Birmingham and around the state have given you sick leave days. I would like to make a special shout out to all my Eufaula friends who have donated....Thanks Eufaula!!!! We appreciate your help so much! Aunt Anne
That makes me tear up! I wish I had sick days to donate! Praying that the last 25 days will be secured in the very soon!
This is the only time I wish I was still teaching because I would have LOVED to share my sick days with you!!
Kate, that is so awesome!! I am so excited that you were able to get the donated leave!! Yay!!
Post a Comment