Saturday, December 18, 2010

22 months



In less than a week the crew will be 22 months old. They are inching closer and closer to two and we are reminded daily. Recently, Rainer drew a masterpiece on our hallway wall, Broox is cutting his 2 year molars and has reverted back to waking up at 5:00 a.m., Jane hates bedtime more than ever and Virginia loves brushing her newly washed hair with her greasy fork each night at dinner. They are beginning to want to do things by themselves, and are often frustrated by what they cannot yet do. They are fast, and our main job now seems to be "coraling" them.

On the upside we are amazed daily with the new words we hear and the way they understand and communicate with us. I love watching them pretend to stir up soup and feed it to us, have an imaginary conversation on a cell phone, clean the table with a rag, or make the truck noise as they push it. They love to play chase down the hallway. They have become fantastic dancers and singers too! I can make out the songs they are singing now. Their favorite are The Wheels on the Bus and Old McDonald.

At the end of the day we are exhausted, but know that this special age will be here and gone in no time.

5 comments:

Anne said...

I LOVE those Garrett Quads!

Sunny said...

Sweet precious babies. Just know that they are able to sing, dance, talk, move, be cognitive of things around them - what an amazing blessing! I must admit having the babies in the NICU and being afraid they will never do these things. Yay for babies that stir up trouble! ;0)

TEAM RAY: Clint, Tiff, Sutton & Taylor said...

Kate I just had to tell you this...Sutton & Taylor just looked at this picture of all the sweet angels together on the sofa and Sutton said "Mom, that's TONS of babies!!!"

Amy said...

Kate, reading your blog and looking at your pictures makes me think we'd be great friends if we lived closer to one another. :) I adore my two munchkins as well, and I love taking pictures and sharing them with others. You and Gray look like you're enjoying every moment with your four, as you should. I'm so happy to see old friends from Brewton to blessed. Just wanted to say "hi" and I hope the quads win the contest!

Amy Folsom Aarhus

Mona Baker said...

hi Kate, i came to your blog through the stansels i think and haven't been reading long, didn't realize until today hoe close you must be, i have quints and live about a half an hour south of brewton, if you are interested in networking i am on facebook
facebook.com/miteeq