Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

(Rainer, Virginia, Jane and Broox)
The Fab Four
Daddy and Babies
Jane was too tired to participate. She had just had her 2 oz. and she was out.
This is a great feeling! All four of your children in your arms at once. I know I won't be able to keep them there long.


Happy Mother’s Day! I am so proud to be a part of the club. We’ve had a wonderful week with Marie and Charity here with us. They have been here helping with the babies and still have one more week to spend with us. The babies are really doing well with the suggestions they have made and are sleeping much longer in the night than before. Marie is hoping that Broox will be sleeping through the night by the time she leaves. I’m already ecstatic that they are only having to eat at 9:30 p.m. and then not again until around 3:00 a.m. and then back to bed until 7:00 a.m. She has also been able to work out their reflux issues and other causes of fussiness.

They are all growing so fast! No one is wearing preemie clothes any longer. Broox and Jane’s eyes are getting lighter and bluer, while Rainer and Virginias are getting darker. For the first time the other night when I was talking and smiling at Rainer he smiled right back at me! It’s amazing to see them interact with you like that. These pictures were taken today, and they will be 11 weeks old tomorrow. Time is just flying by.

For Mother’s Day, Gray and the babies gave me a beautiful amethyst ring to represent their birth month, and Marie cooked us a delicious lunch to celebrate. I had such a special day and look forward to this first year as a mother. I had the best example in the world for motherhood in my own mother. I can only hope to be just like her.




9 comments:

Gia said...

SO cute! Broox looks like a giant next to the others! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Hope your first Mother's Day was wonderful! My babies are looking great, hope to see them real soon! I Love You

Shari said...

I know this had to be a wonderful feeling for you today!! I can't wait until I get the same chance!! Oh yea...great article in the Brewton Standard!!

Jody said...

Kate,
Your little babies are all so precious! You are doing a wonderful job! I can't wait to make it to bham and meet them soon!:) Love, Jody

Lindsey said...

What great pictures, Kate!

I was in Brewton this weekend for Mother's Day...what a treat to be able to see the whole write-up in the Brewton Standard!

We are the Smith Family said...

How precious.....Happy Mother's Day.....to have 4 little ones you look beautifully rested and happy....that motherly glow!

Arielle said...

I love your little blog!! I am good friends with Katie and Marshall. I'm here in Birmingham and would love to come and help if you ever need it!! Hopefully, Katie will bring me to visit you and your little ones soon! I'm just in awe!

Leopardstar said...

Hi Mrs. Garrett,
I love watching your babies grow!!!! I'm starting a blog too and I'm wondering how you add pictures.
I miss you.

Love your old student,
Meagan #11

Jenna said...

Hey Mrs. Garret! I love your babies! They are so Precious!

- Jenna