Saturday, November 29, 2008

Homerest has Begun...




As of last Tuesday, I will no longer be teaching this year. Per doctor's orders, I have gone on homerest for the remainder of my pregnancy. Homerest means that I am only allowed on my feet for four hours a day. The rest of the time should be spent sitting or laying down. I have been busy making a list of all of the things I can get done while I'm off of my feet. I plan to do all of my Christmas shopping online, continue to plan for the arrival of the babies, write a bunch of thank you notes for the showers I have coming up, read the books I never have time for, find out about pediatricians, nannies, etc. and of course rest. I'm going to try and keep my days as busy as possible, because I can already see how this could easily get old. I am so thankful that I am not on strict bedrest yet and can still move around when I need to as long as I don't surpass the time boundaries.

Gray and I drove down to Brewton on Wednesday for Thanksgiving, and have had a great time with our families and friends. Gray went back to Birmingham yesterday so that he could get to the Alabama game in Tuscaloosa early today. I am staying at my parents house for a while rather than being at home by myself all day. Gray will be coming back down here on the weekends and I will be going back and forth between Birmingham and Brewton until Christmas break. My parents are such wonderful nurses. As I write, my mother is making me a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and bananas with orange juice. She loves feeding the babies and I love it too!

Our 18 week appointment is on Tuesday, December 2nd. During this extended appointment they will be doing an in-depth ultrasound of the babies. The doctor told us that they would be able to detect about 80% of possible birth defects. They will also be measuring all parts of their bodies and we will find out how much they weigh for the first time. I am nervous about the appointment, but if everything goes well, it will be such a relief knowing that they are all doing well.

I will keep you updated on what we find out! I'm also trying to get all of our ultrasound pictures posted, so they should be up soon too.

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi Kate,

Congrats for your quads pregnancy.

many pregnant moms of quads are a blog if you want to share with them or need advice
http://fourlittlelambes.blogspot.com/
http://azcrisanti.blogspot.com/
http://treverjennaeva.blogspot.com/
http://four-by-two.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Kate,

You look so pretty! I begged Marshall to take a picture of you over the beach weekend or Thanksgiving. Good luck at the doctor next week. I'll be thinking of you, Gray, and your foursome. Let me know if you need any book recommendations. I'm sure you have plenty of planning to do over the next few months.

Katie C

candymc said...

Kate,
Thank you for starting this blog. I am really missing not seeing you as you and Gray move through this process. What wonderful parents you two will be. Keeping up with you through this blog will be fun. Your picture is beautiful.. hope you will keep adding pics.
Love you...GREATaunt Candy

Jill said...

Kate,
I have been keeping up with you through Gray over the past few months and I am so excited that you have a blog now! It will give you a little something else to do to occupy your time while on homerest and we will enjoy learning about your journey to quad-mommy-hood! I am looking forward to hearing all about your appointment tomorrow. We will definitely be thinking about you and Gray and the babies :)

Check out our blog...
www.thelyonfam.blogspot.com

Shari said...

Hey Kate,

I keep asking your mom everyday how you are doing and she has been keeping me posted. She told me about this blog today! I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!! We are praying for all of you!!

Shari

Tonya said...

Kate, you look great! Your Mom has been keeping me updated everyday and I am so excited for you and Gray! This blog is going to be a great way for you to stay busy and I know everyone is going to enjoy being able to read it and see how things are going for you and the babies. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Carrie said...

hey my love!!! First of all, I am soo happy you have stated this blog. I feel very much in touch with you now! :) At least now when you are making your list of things you have to buy for your babies, you can scratch two bath tubs and two bumbo seats off your list! :) I think you and Gray will be the best parents EVER and you will have four little blessings. I can't wait to hang out with you and your wonderful family after Christmas a bit in Brewton and if you need help thinking of things to do...well, i can help you with that because i always think to myself "what would i do if i had a bit of time on my hands" and i like make this big list of things in my head and then I never do them!! :) I will send you my list. haha.

love, Carrie

carlyn said...

so glad that you are going to have your mommy to pamper you for a little while. when you are back in bham let me know if you have any days you would like company. i stay at home with my two and we would love to come over and keep you company and help out in anyway. i know with my first pregnancy i loved being around little ones because it helped me stay focused on the goal. something about looking at another baby and knowing you will see yours soon seems to help decrease those prego woes!!